Frames - Colnago
C59 Italia Framset - White Red (INRD)
- Colnago's new top-of-the-range, custom-made 100% carbon-fibre racing machine, the C59 Italia, has been in development for 4 years.
- Designed, built and painted in Italy and with a small frame weighing about one kilo
- The C59 Italia features a classic Master-shaped internally ribbed top tube and down tube to maximise stiffness, which is further increased by square chainstays and seatstays.
- Colnago steadfastly refused to use the early integrated headsets which swept the bike industry as they were not prepared to risk the integrity of the frame by mounting a bearing directly into the head tube. Instead the C59 Italia uses a semi-integrated C-HS headset. The C-HS system uses an aluminium cup to hold the bearings and preserve the integrity of the carbon head tube.
- The fork's steerer tube tapers from 1 1/4 inch at the fork crown to 1 1/8 inch to provide greater control
- Sealed stainless steel headset bearings for lower maintenance
- The headset is supplied with 2 carbon fibre top caps 7mm and 14mm high
- Internal brake and gear cable routing for a cleaner look
- Requires 31.6mm seatpost
- Requires braze on front derailleur
- Requires english threaded bottom bracket
- Weight - 1160g 52cm Sloping Frame, 410g Fork, 79g Headset