Time Trial/Triathlon Specific Parts
Everything on this page is designed to help you go faster!
- Time trial frames are generally smaller to help attain a lower aerodynamic position and have flattened aerodynamic shaped tubes to cut wind resistence.
- Disc wheels and deep section aero wheels also cut wind resistence.
- Time Trial bars help you attain and hold the most aerodynamic position for your body which is of course the greatest source of wind resistence.
- Time trial tires and tubulars offer lightness and lower rolling resistence to shave additional seconds somewhat at the expense of durabilty.
- Aero time trial helmets help smooth airflow over your head and back.
- Skinsuits are something we don't currently stock but along with time trial overshoes these help knock a few seconds off your PB.
- Drinks systems such as the Bontager Speedbottle and Profile Aero Drink system extend the aero theme further. Many people can probably go without drinking for a 25mile (40km) TT in typical Irish/ UK weather conditions but for longer time trials and multisport events being able to rehydrate is very important.