The double-braced Durin Menja chassis is incredibly stiff and tracks well on the trail plus it’ll take brake rotors up to 210mm. Suitable for All Mountain, X-Country, and XC Race. It also has a super low maintenance design.
-Now with DLO+: with improved shim setup for an even more responsive fork.
-Featuring a real blow-off which allows the fork to be reactive to big impacts even with the fork being locked out.
- New adjuster knobs with improved ergonomics.
- New disc brake hose guide ensuring bombproof fitting.
- New damper oil for better performance at low temperatures.
- Air sprung fork
- Unique Dynamic Lockout System (DLO+) featuring better ground control than conventional lockout systems
- Double Arch Design (DAD) for maximum stiffness
- Superstiff 32 mm upper legs
- Cold forged Aluminum 6082 T6 fork crown
- Safety dropouts (SDO) for perfect hub engagement
- All adjuster knobs made of high quality aluminum.
- Has identical compression damping as Durin Marathon, so it can easily be set to adjustable Albert Select+ platform damping. This is limited to the 2010 and 2011 Menja models.
This fork has DLO+ compression damping which is a dynamic lockout with blow off in case of big hits when locked out. The dynamic part means that the fork will slowly compress down to it's natural weighted compressed (sag) level, but will extend easily as if fully open in order to hug the contour of the ground improving traction. It is excellent for seated climbs allowing you to bike up a hill locked out without the fork being fully extended. Climbing with a fully extended fork is not much fun as there is very little weight on the front tire and the front end tends to wander. To compensate riders are forced to slide forward on the saddle, which isn't very comfortable The DLO+ minimizes this.
The 2010 and 2011 Menja DLO+ compression damping unit is identical to the Albert Select+ platform damping unit used in Magura's higher priced Durin Marathon forks. It is a little published fact, but it has been confirmed directly by both Magura USA and Magura UK. The Menja's DLO+ can be externally adjusted just like Albert Select+. This allows you to adjust the low-speed compression damping and threshold on the soft dynamic lockout. In other words, this allows you to adjust the compression level at which the fork will begin to compress. Fine tuning the air pressure and the platform level of the Albert Select+ are helpful in finding a balance between small bump compliance and brake dive.
Travel: 85 mm (can be easily adjusted down to suit older frames with internal spacers)
ATC: 465mm (can be easily adjusted down with internal spacers)
For comparison, recent Rock Shox SID or Reba 80/ 100 have an ATC of 453/ 473mm and the Fox 32 F80RL/ F100RL have an ATC of 451/ 471mm.
Steerer length: 257mm (10.1") uncut
Weight: 1,635g/ 3.63 lbs (spec.)
Disc mounts: IS 6" (International Standard 6" disc mounts)
Brakes: Canti or Disc
Note: Approved for disc brake use up to 210 mm/8.5".