Lightweight and very durable, laterally stiff but vertically compliant. The all-new Ksyrium SL raises the bar, setting a new standard for aluminum road wheels.
Superlight and durable for everyday performance
- ISM4D rim weighs only 400g
- Patented lightweight aero spokes and 22mm deep/19mm wide rims keep inertia low and control high
- Solid upper rim bridge eliminates the need for rim tape, saves 60g.
Laterally stiff, vertically compliant for a more dynamic ride
- Fore technology keeps the rim upper bridge solid to make the rim stiffer
- New Infinity hub plaform: stiff axle, durable bearings and new hub design guarantees wheel stability
- ID360 freewheel technology for improved power transfer.
Improved UST Road delivers more speed, comfort and control in an easy to use tubeless system
- No tubes means less friction, better efficiency and grip, a reduced risk of punctures
- New rim bed shape makes it easier to mount and change tires
- Fore drilling technology doesn't require the use of rim tape.
Ksyrium has always represented the best of aluminum wheel technology. Following in the footsteps of the venerable Ksyrium Elite and Ksyrium Pro, the all-new Ksyrium SL takes it to the next level. It’s the perfect all-rounder for those seeking a wheel that delivers reliable everyday performance on the road.
This new wheel is lightweight (100g lighter than the former Ksyrium Elite despite its wider rim) and durable as ever thanks to our patented ISM4D technology. This manufacturing process removes all excess material between each spoke hole while keeping the rim wall thick enough where spoke tension and stress is the highest. Those rims are made in France, in our aluminum rim factory.
The double-butted spokes further reduce weight while making the wheel more responsive. These spokes also have a patented elliptical shape that can save 5 watts for added efficiency.
Stiffness is optimized using Fore technology. The upper bridge is not drilled, so it remains strong and rigid and doesn’t require the use of a rim tape (another 30g saved per rim). The rim bed’s new shape makes it easier than ever to mount and remove tires, and our UST Tubeless technology improves rolling resistance and grip while reducing the risk of punctures. Our new Infinity hub platform optimizes stiffness and power transfer with highly controlled spoke tension, while the Instant Drive 360 freewheel coupled with our automatic bearing preload adjustment (QRM Auto) delivers fast engagement and durability.
It's available for Shimano cassettes, and can convert to Campagnolo or SRAM XD-Road with optional driver bodies.
- Material: Maxtal.
- Height: 22 mm.
- Brake track: UB Control.
- Weight reduction: ISM 4D.
- Tire: UST Tubeless and tubetype.
- Internal width: 19 mm.
- ETRTO size: 622x19TC.
- Fore tapeless tubeless technology.
- UST tubeless technology.
- SUP welding technology.
- Material: steel.
- Shape: straight pull, elliptical aero, double butted (patented).
- Nipples: Fore integrated aluminum.
- Count: front 18, rear 24.
- Lacing: front radial, rear Isopulse.
- Isopulse lacing design.
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum.
- Axle material: aluminum.
- Infinity hubs.
- Instant Drive 360 freewheel technology.
- QRM Auto bearing preload technology.
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram.
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo ED11, N3W and XD-R with optional driver bodies.
- Front axle: Quick Release only.
- Rear axle: Quick Release only.
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- ID360 Shimano / Sram Light freewheel body (V3850101).
- ID360 Campagnolo freewheel body (V3440101).
- ID360 XD-R freewheel body (V2580101).
- ID360 Shimano / Sram freewheel body (V3430101).
- ID360 N3W freewheel body (V4270101).
- BR301 quick releases.
- UST valve and accessories.
- Multifonction adjustment wrench (delivered with rear wheel).
- User guide.
- ASTM CATEGORY 2 : road and offroad with jumps less than 15cm.
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels doesn't exceed 120kg, bike included.
- Minimum and maximum allowed tyre width: see indication on wheel.
- Recommended tire sizes: 25 to 32 mm.
- Max Pressure: see indication on wheel and tire If they differ, use the lowest of the 2.
- Maximum tyre pressure: 675bar/97PSI with a 23mm tyre - 38bar/55PSI with a 62mm tyre.
Information on specified weight
- The weight of the wheels is announced at +/-5%, in XD/XD-R and Center Lock version, without quick release, nor valve, nor rim tape.