- FRAME REACTO CF2
- FORK MERIDA REACTO CF2
- DERAILLEUR Shimano Ultegra, GS
- SHIFTERS Shimano Ultegra
- BRAKE LEVER Shimano Ultegra
- BRAKES Shimano Ultegra, Direct
- CHAINWHEEL Shimano Ultegra, 52-36 teeth
- CHAIN KMC X11
- RIM Fulcrum Racing 400, 100x9mm width front hub, 130x9mm width rear hub, 17mm inner width, 35mm height
- FREEWHEEL Shimano CS-R7000, 11-30 teeth, 11 speed
- TYRES Continental Grand Sport Race, 700x25C, fold
- SPOKES attached
- HANDLEBAR STEM MERIDA Expert CC, 31.8mm diameter, -5° stem angle
- HANDLEBAR MERIDA Expert CW
- HEADSET MERIDA REACTO neck, 2191026779
- SEAT POST MERIDA Expert CW, Aero shape, 15mm setback, Carbon
- SADDLE Prologo Zero II pas T2.0
- WEIGHT 8.05 kg
NANO MATRIX CARBON
To protect the integrity of carbon frames, the fibres are bonded together with an epoxy resin with added nano particles, increasing impact resistance by up to 40%.
When creating the individual carbon elements, an inflatable bladder is used to ensure there are no wrinkles inside the tube as these can add weight and create weakness. This results in a lighter, stiffer and stronger frame.
Carbon forks provide superb vibration damping and precise steering. All road bikes feature a full carbon fork; the steerer and fork blades are all made of carbon.
NACA FASTBACK PROFILE
The aerodynamics are based around a NACA0028 teardrop profile (National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics) which is truncated. Air moves around the tube as though the missing rear section of the teardrop were still there, saving weight by using less material.
Using a tapered head tube with 1 1/8" bearings in the top and 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" in the bottom creates superb stiffness and precise, confidence inspiring steering.
Patent pending design. Carbon is good at absorbing vibration but to increase comfort we shape the seat posts using our exclusive S-Flex design.
Cables are routed through the frame, entering and exiting through smooth sockets. The bike looks neat, whilst the cables are protected from moisture and dirt.
Designing WorldTour bikes is similar to Formula 1: apparently nondescript details can result in saving split seconds. Integrated seat-post clamping minimises turbulence at the top tube.
Bikes/frames with the symbol ‘Di2 Ready’ are prepared for the installation of Di2 technology with battery mounting in the seat post or within the fork steerer.
FLIP FLOP HEAD
Aero bikes deliver the best possible aerodynamics, but superb wind-tunnel performance data is useless if the rider can‘t get into the correct position. The ‘Flip Flop’ head allows seat angles to be optimised for comfort.