The Mavic 2015 Crossmax SL MTB Wheelset has pushed the limit again, shaving weight where it really matters thanks to the new exclusive ISM 4D rim. Whether racing or trail riding, Crossmax SL makes for en even more dynamic ride!
Innovating cycling technology for over 100 years, Mavic has a reputation for building the best products available. Their wheels are widely regarded as the pinnacle of cycling technology.
- Inter Spoke Milling 4 Dimensions - An exclusive Mavic patented concept, ISM 4D not only significantly reduces weight and reduces inertia without compromising durability, but also improves aerodynamics due to its new rim shape.
- Instant Transfer System 4: Using 4 pawls working 2 by 2, the system provides a more dynamic ride, thanks to a very fast engagement. Its versatility makes it compatible with all kinds of frame retention system.
- FORE Technology - instead of being drilled, the lower rim bridge is pushed up on the inside, then threaded to enable the spoke nipples to be directly screwed in it, leaving the upper rim bridge intact.
- Isopulse - the spokes are laced radially on the drive side and crossed 2 on the non drive side to maximise drive side dish, thus providing a better spoke tension balance between left and right flanges.
- Zicral spokes are made from a specific aluminium alloy that provides spokes with higher stiffness-to-weight ratio while being stronger.
- Exclusive to Mavic, Maxtal aluminium alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
- Soudé Usiné Process. After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish.
- Qualité de Roulements Mavic - Mavic only uses high quality sealed cartridge bearings. On QRM wheels, they feature double sealing (2RS or LLU) together with tight C3 internal clearance. This provides high efficiency and durability thanks to low play and tight tolerances.
- Universal Standard for Tubeless. Ready to ride tubeless system. The UST concept improves traction, control and comfort whilst reducing inertia and flats.
- No tube, no tape, fully sealed rim for convenient handling enables riding at lower tyre pressure. UST rim profile with specific humps to fix securely the tyre beads which is compatible with all types of tyres (UST, Tubeless ready, tubetype).
Weight : 1390g - (pair of wheels).
- Material: Maxtal.
- Joint: SUP.
- Drilling: Fore.
- Disc brake specific profile.
- Weight reduction: ISM 4D.
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm.
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype.
- Internal width: 19 mm.
- ETRTO size 650b/27.5": 584x19C.
- Recommended tyre sizes: 1.5 to 2.3.
- Material: Zicral.
- Shape: straight pull, bladed.
- Nipples: Fore integrated aluminum.
- Count: 20 front and rear.
- Lacing: front crossed 2, rear Isopulse.
- Front body: carbon with aluminum flanges.
- Rear body: aluminum.
- Axle material: aluminum.
- Adjustable sealed cartridge bearings.
- Freewheel: ITS-4 alloy.
- Shimano MTB 11 speeds compatible.
- BX601 quick releases.
- Wheel bags.
- UST valve and accessories.
- Front 15 mm adapters.
- Rear QR adapters.
- Rear 12x142mm adapters.
- Specific disc bolts.
- Computer magnet (front wheel).
- Multifunction adjustment wrench.
- User guide.